Did you ever play the game truth or dare when you were a kid? It’s funny how when you were posed with a hard truth question you wanted to automatically go to a dare instead. Funny how the truth can be harder than some life dangering dare.
Are you still playing truth or dare when it comes to your business? I have consulted with many individuals who have gotten quite upset when the truth is revealed to them. This often happens when an individual is so in love with a company or product that they can’t understand why they are not making any money, or worse yet, they are like the old woman in the casino, puffing a cigarette, while having an oxygen tube around her face, pulling on the slot machine thinking that the next pull is going to make her a millionaire. All-the-while she is just killing herself quickly physically, emotionally, and financially.
So why are so many planning for failure? It’s because EMOTION is the driving mechanism and when EMOTION is in the driver seat, safety and well-being are out the window. Now EMOTION is natural to all of us and it’s not a bad thing. One just needs to regroup and recheck after their bliss of EMOTION has run it’s course. Just a word of caution, EMOTION will get you in debt and give you more heart ache and head ache in the morning than anything else. Go ahead and get excited for your opportunity but bring in LOGIC before you break out the wallet.
Here are some questions for LOGIC to ask:
1. Is the company management run with Integrity? Google the owners and do some research.
2. Does the company management have actual experience? Life doesn’t always count as experience.
3. What’s the termination clause say in the policies and procedures? Can they terminate you for any reason?
4. How long has the company been around? Is it a newbie (most fail) or has it run it’s course?
5. Do you have a remarkable product for a good price? Cash Gifting does not qualify….EVER!
6. How do the part-timers get paid? Part-timers will make up most of your organization. They should get paid well.
7. How many people do you need in your downline to make the “residual” income you want? Most don’t have a clue on this and let Emotion take control of this one by using the word “potential.”
8. Do you get paid on ALL product volume of recruits? Again many companies use recruiting as a benchmark and then they make it harder by having binaries and such.
9. Does the company have a free duplicatable system to get results? It’s insane to pay large amounts of money for a system to make the company money (doesn’t make much sense).
10. Does the company want you to make a list of friends and family and/or buy leads? Is so, be prepared to be shunned and lose large amounts of money.