To clarify for everyone here is a clear description of what will be classed as spam here in APSense 2.0.
1. The posting of identical posts (even with a different title) in either the same section and / or multiple sections. if you want to post about the same thing then write a different article for it with a different title. This applies even if it is not an ad. Remember duplicate content on one site is detremental with search engines.
2. The sending of Ads to Members on your contact list without getting explicit consent before doing so or posting of an ad as a comment in reply to a post.
3. Making a post that simply contains a link with no explanation about it
4. No ads are allowed in the "Topics" section of the site, it is for none commercial posts. Ads will be deleted. Posters of Ads in the "Topics" section can expect their posting privledges to be suspended for 7 days for first offence, 30 days for 2nd offence There will be no third warning. Repeat offenders that have had two suspentions are liable to lose their accounts.
5. Note on Events section. Make sure you read the post "How to use the Events Section" to ensure you use it correctly and do not get your posts removed.
The first three things have caused serious damage to APSense 1.0 and are not going to be tolerated here in 2.0
Also remember you are only allowed one group. Do not create a group that has the purpose of allowing others to post their opportunities in it.
There are enough facilities for members to post their opportunities as it is.
One more point to note is when you make a post please check it to make sure that it has not posted twice due to any system glitch. If it has then please remove the second post right away. Do not wait for it to get reported as spam as that is what is going to happen.
APSense 2.0 is young enough right now to ensure we all start out on the right path to make this a site were people want to come here and more importantly want to keep coming back.
Added on 2008-10-12 - Amended on 2008-12-6
The "Tell Us What You Are Doing" area is NOT there to post ads in or solicit other members to contact you about a product or service.If you want to tell people you are selling or giving away something then it belongs in the market place.
Added on 2008-10-20
Item 4 has been added to clarify what the "Topics" secion is to be used for.
Added on 2008-10-30
Item 5 added as many are missing this important item.
Added on 2008-11-30
PLR articles copied and pasted verbatim to this site that are posted on other sites will be considered duplicate content, and therefore spam